Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Complaint to ZALORA

Subject Title: No One Likes a Complaint, But Dear Zalora, This Experience Really Sucked

Hi Person-In-Charge,

Pardon my subject title, but it's late and I'm relatively upset about having made a purchase from your store. Now, let me regale you the story on how my very first online shopping experience turned out to be an epic bummer.

On the 31st of March 2012, I chanced upon your Google-placed advertising banner whilst surfing the web. I must stress that it was my very first time browsing through an online store for clothes with the actual intention to purchase something. Anyway, after hours of browsing your site, wide-eyed with wonder, I finally picked out what I'd wanted and placed an order.

After making payment via PayPal, I returned to my account to find that my order was confirmed (1st April 2012 at 1:54am). (Please refer to attached Screenshot 1.) Contented, I proceeded to bed.

The next day (2nd April 2012), at approximately 10-11am, I received a call from one of your staff. She mentioned that apparently the dress (ME678AA52VCX-120872) that I had ordered was out of stock. Of course, it was only natural that I felt disappointed (because I had imagined that the dress would have looked pretty great on me). She also informed me that on top of refunding the money for the dress, she would administer me a $30 coupon. So I thought, "okay, no dress but I'll still have the blouse." Life went on.

The following morning (3rd April 2012), I checked my Paypal and Zalora account but didn't find anything. So I decided to be patient and wait. But in the late afternoon, I received a call from another one of your bubbly staffs. This time, it was regarding the delivery of my order. Your staff was calling to check if I had received my package that was signed at 12:08pm (if I recall correctly) but I told her that I didn't know as I was at work and I would call home to check if anyone's received it for me.

I was so impressed by the service and the fast delivery! Getting my clothes 1 day after placing the order? Unbelievable!

So, after calling home to speak to my helper, and thereafter contacting my siblings, it turns out that none of them had received any postage on my behalf. The stranger thing was, my helper told me that my parents had taken her out at about 11+am to run some errands before they left the country. It was a peculiar situation. Your staff called again and I told her what I knew. She checked her records and told me that someone by the name of Winnie signed it for me. I was baffled. I told her that no one in my household has an English name by the name of Winnie. She sounded concerned and said that she would follow up with me the next day.

The next day (4th April 2012), I checked my mail. I had received my partial refund of $30.23 via Paypal (refer to Screenshot 2). So I checked my Zalora account for a hint of a $30 coupon that was promised to me. Saw no sign of it.
5th April 2012, at approximately 10pm, my parents are back in town. I was sure that they had signed my package and left it somewhere in their room. So I proceeded to question them and searched their room. There wasn't a hint of a parcel or envelope of any kind. Although I did receive a lecture from my mother about how I should never trust online stores with all the internet gimmicks happening across the globe.
So, dear people of Zalora, I hope you understand where I'm coming from. This email's painfully written at 1am plus because I'm thoroughly disappointed with my experience with making my virgin online purchase from you guys.

I sincerely hope that what you're operating isn't a sort of online scam to swindle people who want to dress nice. And if you're not, do rectify this issue as soon as you can.

Thanks,
Lim Weiling

-------
Note: I finally received my blouse a few weeks back, and the dress was, as they said, out of stock. In addition to that, I got a $15 voucher from ZALORA which I disposed of.